Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Personal Pattern / Other Pattern

It has been a long time since I have posted.  It is not that I have been absent from knitting. In fact, it is the opposite.  I have been SO busy knitting (and crocheting) that I really have not had time to blog, other than my page reports on Ravelry.

However, I have two pieces of news today.  The first is that my pattern "Raifwear Chapter Eight Cowl" placed second in the Ottawa Knitting Guild's Knitting Challenge for 2017.  This pattern is NOT and will not ever be available to the public.  It is solely for myself.  However, what I can share with you is a photo of the project.


So, there it is, a photo of me wearing the cowl I designed.  For those who do not know, Raif Badawi is a prisoner of conscience in Saudi Arabia.  He wrote blogs and was imprisoned in Saudi Arabia for doing that.  I am one of his supporters. #FreeRaif

My second piece of news is that I have available to those who are on Ravelry a written copy of Ursula Graf's Double Density Oven Mittens.  Ursula Graf produced a YouTube video illustrating how to make her oven mittens; however, apparently a written pattern has not been available.  I decided to rectify that and so, ONLY to those of you who are on Ravelry, you can obtain a copy of the pattern if you send me your email address. If you need me to give you my Ravelry name, then leave a note below and I will try to contact you somehow ... again, ONLY if you are on Ravelry.

Below is a photo of one set of Double Density Oven Mittens from the YouTube video of Ursula Graf's that I made.



Thanks for reading my blog. If there is anything you would like me to cover as a topic, please say so in the comments below.  Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. The pattern is now also available on YouTube. If you search for Ursula Graf's YouTube channel and find the video discussed above, the pdf is made available in one of the comments below that video.

    ReplyDelete